Elder Keller & Elder Phillips in Sao Paulo

Elder Keller & Elder Phillips in Sao Paulo

Monday, April 6, 2015

#31 April 6, 2015 General Conference

Got to eat Subway in Joinville!! It's very expensive though so they only
go there when the mission pays for their meal, if they are traveling or whatnot… 


Quick meal in between conference sessions


I guess this says that this is the first chapel built in South America 


Sooo HAPPY to get mail & packages from home! 




Cool view of the chapel in Guaratuba there on the left 



Elders Arine, Keller, & William 

Reunited with Elder Hess, my MTC comp 












Every missionary in the world is probably going to talk about conference in this weeks email but I am too because it was so dang awesome!!!! Dang I feel so dumb for not actually listening and taking notes in every single conference since I was 12 years old! Conference is the best thing ever!

Anyways we asked Bishop if we could watch conference in English downstairs and so he let us watch it in the Secretaries office and it was so much better! I was able to understand it in Portuguese now but listening to the voices translating when you want to hear the actual voice of someone like Uchtdorf or Monson really changes things! Those who speak english are so blessed! It is way better in english! So Helm and I watched it downstairs in english and blanchard for some reason wanted to stay portuguese so he stayed up with william and watched it in the chapel.

But I cant even begin to decide what my favorite talk was from this conference... As always Uchtdorf and Holland rocked it but the seventies that spoke were all acutally super awesome as well! I feel like I got a lot of answers to not necessarily questions that I have but doubts in my mind, things that I have been trying to figure out on my mission and I was so thankful for that!

I also feel like I got put into place on a lot of things and that they were specifically for me! Especially when they talked directly about companionships and feeling like you need to change other people. The story was hilarious about the Elder that heard the voice say to him that to Heavenly Father we are pretty much the same lost people on the same path trying to get back to him. That was so awesome! I know I have always known that we all sin and that each of us sins differently but now I feel like I actually get it! President Silva has been teaching us a lot about how to have an effective scripture study and there are 5 key steps: First we must understand the context and what we are about to read about, second we must find the principles in what we are studying, third understand those principles, fourth feel the power and the truth of those principles through the power of the Holy Ghost, and fifth actually apply the principles in our daily lives. I feel like I was getting the first two with that principle but in conference I hit the last three!

It made me realize that really no one is better than anyone here on this earth! Jesus Christ is our true leader and that is the only thing that matters. We don't get or even deserve any glory here because really we don't do anything. The only reason we can get anywhere is through Jesus Christ and obedience to his commandments. Without his Atonement we would all be done for. And I have a HUGE problem with trying to find the errors in others when Im still an idiot 18 year old kid and have a ton of errors of my own.

But I love conference and Im super pumped to go back and read the talks! This week we will have interviews with President and Im sure it will be totally awesome! This week we went to Joinville for a zone meeting and it was great! We also went to subway and we felt in heaven haha! The work here is awesome and just getting better and I love my mission!!

Love and miss all of you guys!! Go back and study conference!
Elder Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment