Elder Keller & Elder Phillips in Sao Paulo

Elder Keller & Elder Phillips in Sao Paulo

Monday, September 28, 2015

#56 September 28, 2015

Alright this week went great! Last week I didnt talk a lot about the investigators cuz I needed to give my awesome mom the credit she deserves! So this week I will spend more time on them! 

So Sonia is totally fine and came to church this Sunday. She is awesome! It was pooring rain and she comes by bus every week because she didn't want a member to have to come get her. Until this week at least, cuz we kept insisting and it was raining cats and dogs! haha. But she is doing great, no coffee, reads the BOM every day and loves the church! And the members are doing good with her! 

Lucas and Eli had to go to ParanĂ¡ this week, the state above us, to get their documents for marriage so they couldnt go to church but they are awesome! Eli had left her Book of Mormon at the church last sunday and we had a visit with them on monday night. When we got there she was freaking out because she told us she still hadnt read that day and her day was just going horrible and she needed to read. So we left her with another copy and went back to the church to get hers but i thought it was so interesting. Eli truly sees the importance that The Book of Mormon has in her life, so much that she was going crazy after just not being able to read it when she woke up one morning. If every member including me had that kind of attitude about the scriptures could you think about how different things would be? But it totally makes sense! Even on the mission I sometimes have a ton of things I have to worry about and I dont have that absolute number one priority of read the scriptures. But that has got to be at the top! 

But i am super excited for conference this weekend. I always thought my parents were weird for loving conference weekend so much but now I can't wait to see what they have to say to us this week. Conference always seems to answer my doubts and questions! Granted there have only been about two that I have really wanted to pay attention to but in these last two I felt that even though it was for a whole general audience, it was exactly for me! So go into conference with an attitude of learning and we will come out with the knowledge that we need to be able to perfect ourselves a little bit more in these next six months. 

But we found some pretty cool new people to teach! One guy was a cool little experience, his name is Ricardo. So one day we had to walk super far to get back home because we had to get home and then go to the church that night. Anyways halfway home we realize Elder Moore left his umbrella and we had to walk all the way back to go get it and we were in a hurry. But then we start walking home again and as soon as we get back to the point where we had previously gotten, we here someone yelling, "hey mormons!". We turn around and theres a tall skinny white guy yelling at us in english to go talk to him. Anyways, he was drunk becuase he just got a divorce and is super depressed and lost in life but we ended up marking with him and visited him the next day and he is a good guy. I dont know how far it will go but it shows how the Lord is in charge and knows what needs to happen in our lives. 

I am going over to Bucks house to make cinamon roles for p day! gonna be a blast! I am loving Joinville! 

But love you all and hope you have an awesome week! 

Elder Keller 

No comments:

Post a Comment