Elder Keller & Elder Phillips in Sao Paulo

Elder Keller & Elder Phillips in Sao Paulo

Monday, September 7, 2015

#53 September 7, 2015 Member Missionary Work

This week was really great! We are starting to get our heads back on straight after getting the other area and finding all the other investigators. 

Sonia didnt come to church this week so we are going to try to run by there tomorrow really quickly to see what happened. 

But Lucas and Eli and their family are totally great! Hopefully he can get walking before november so that they can get married! But the family is totally integrated already. Their oldest daughter Barbara is 15 and already going to seminary and wants to serve a mission which is totally awesome! And the kids are totally catching onto the gospel super fast! It is great! Their six year old kid Brayan stole the gospels principles book and took it to school cuz he likes to practice reading with it. haha turns out his teacher was from a different ward in joinville and found him with it and then they started reading it to the class haha! Already a missionary! 

But to be honest Joinville is very different! I think it will probably be the hardest area people wise of my mission because no one lets us in here! So that brings me to the subject of member missionary work. I feel like everyone talks about it and says we need to do it but no one really does it! I totally love the ward here and all the people are super great if we get someone to church but everyone is afraid to share the gospel with others and we cant be like that! The best family here is the recent converts of two years who talk about it to everyone! But all the returned missionaries who went through the same process as us years ago come back and lose the fire and I am trying to figure out what happens. Elder Moore is an awesome comp and so that helps a ton and he has been really good at working with the members in his past areas so hopefully he will be able to show as how to light a spark in a ward! But really it is very difficult to get anywhere without members. We find new people and we knock tons of doors but it is a bunch of people who end up not having a ton of interest and we end up trying to find the next group of people. But Sonia and Lucas´s family who were references from members are doing great! 

I feel sometimes like we always try to look for ways to gain the glory of man. I still do that all the time and I have a lot to work on with that. But one big lesson I learned this week is that in the church we arent here to get the glory of man! Like Uchtorf teaches us we need to "lift where we stand"! The role of the members is to find and the missionaries is to teach. There shouldnt be this talk of "wow that missionary was so much better, he found everyone!" No one in the church should be getting the glory. Heavenly Father gets the glory, not us! We all just gotta work to play our part! 

I hope that I dont fall into the same thing that we all do after my mission! If I do you can all show me this email and tell me that I have got to step it up! 

But please try to share the gospel with others! 1 nephi 20:6, and 2 nephi 2:8I dont have my english scrips with me so i dont know the exact translation but How important is it that we make these things known amongst the habitants of the earth? You have seen and you have heard and you havent announced it? 

If we love the gospel we gotta share it! 

I love everyone and miss football and you guys! haha but really go dawgs! 

Elder Keller 

No comments:

Post a Comment