Elder Keller & Elder Phillips in Sao Paulo

Elder Keller & Elder Phillips in Sao Paulo

Saturday, April 2, 2016

#82 April 2, 2016 Conference Rocks!

I love General Conference! I have been super excited all week long! And we have just been going around telling everyone that God has a living Prophet on the earth and that we are going to be able to hear from him! 

But man the spirit of General Conference is absolutely amazing! I dont know what it was like in the States but did you guys just feel the Spiritual power that came from the last hymn right now Come Thou Fount?? That was so awesome! You cant deny that the church is true and that God exists when you feel that right there. The MoTab is great! And the Holy Ghost always testifies of truth and that right there was just pure power. 

I am so pumped for all of the other sessions! We are watching it right now in the chapel that the mission office is connected to so we came back up really quickly to finish weekly emails because today is p day. But best p day ever!!! 

I loved Duncans talk right now on Forgiveness and the power of the Atonement. That is one thing i have to change. In my prayers I always say sorry and ask for so much forgiveness because I do so many dumb things yet I cant even forgive other people for things they do to me! How ridiculous huh? But the craziest thing about it all is that the Atonement covers it all! Every little bit of it! Even the stuff that people dont repent of, the Savior still suffered it. 

I loved how they said that the Atonement will make everything just no matter what! I always think when something has happened to me, "ah but no one is going to know? How am i going to get justice?" And its simple. Through the Atonement. 

One awesome thing I learned this week came from Elder Ballards book search for happiness with the story i am sure everyone has heard of about the firefighter that died saving a toy doll. He saved 2 kids from a burning house and thought he saw a third. Even though the people outside told him that no one else was in the house he went in anyways just because he thought he saw one more person. After the flames went down they found his corpse protecting a baby doll. 

The first time I read that I was like, "that is the worst story ever!" I didnt get it. The fact that it was a doll doesnt make the story any less heroic. But the Analogy that is done here with the Atonement is  really spectacular. 

That firefighter died saving a toy doll. When we choose not to repent of our sins we turn the sacrifice of the savior into just that! Because he is going to suffer for all of our sins and sorrows no matter what. And sometimes we dont want to change and accept the atonement. So we become like the doll. There was no need for that sacrifice but it happened anyway. 

But I really just love this week and I cant believe I didnt like conference before my mission. It is the best! Watch it and cherish it! And then go study it! All of it! 

This week was kind of hard investigator wise. Suelen said she doesnt wanna get married anymore because they dont have money to do a big fancy party marriage. And Rodolfo is devastated! Poor guy. He wants to get baptized so bad but cant do so until he is married with Suelen. So please keep praying for her! Rodolfo is coming to church every week and really working hard to help his family. He is studying in the local college here from 6 to 10:30 at night and works from 8 in the morning to 5 in the afternoon. But the work doesnt really earn him anything. And Inbetween 5 and 6 he receives our visits 3 times a week. What a champ! 

Rubens and Flavia have been fighting a lot because they just wont pray together! We got to the point of just establishing the goal to pray together every day and they wont do it. They are coming to church together but ITS ALL ABOUT THE LITTLE THINGS. So in our last lesson we basically had to ask them how they expect God to bless their relationship and help them out if they refuse to pray and ask for that help? 

Rubens has a gift of understanding the scriptures and dominates with them! But he is having difficulty to be patient with Flavia because for her it is a lot harder to understand everything. But she has a desire to know more and to grow spiritually. So please pray for them as well! 

Things are going great here and I absolutely love my mission. Elder Moore and I were talking this week about how much different it is going to be at home. The mission is the best! We dont have to worry about anything! We think sometimes we are stressed but afterwards we have school, callings, work, build a family, and so many responsabilities! Here it is just preach the gospel and do it with all your heart might mind and strength. 

But I have gotta go now! I love you all so much and hope you have an awesome conference weekend! It is the best time of the year! 

Elder Keller 

No comments:

Post a Comment